If you offer a 401(k) or similar retirement savings plan, we may be able to enhance your level of service without an increase in the cost of your plan. Consider this:
- Many 401(k) plans use mutual fund companies that pay an advisor to service the plan. Do you know if your plan is one of them? The following are some of the services we may be able to provide your staff and employees.?
- On-site Office Hours. On a scheduled basis, we visit your office and meet with employees to explain the plan, provide updates and meet one-on-one to discuss personal goals and objectives.??
- Fiduciary Support. We review your plan with an eye towards compliance with Section 404(c). Investment Policy Statements are reviewed, investments are monitored and other steps are taken to help you provide a retirement plan that bests suits your needs.
During these uncertain economic times, when was the last time your 401(k) service provider personally assisted your employees with questions relating to their investments? When was the last time your plan representative reviewed your investment selections and overall plan?
It is quite possible that your plan is paying an advisor to render these services. If they are not providing the level of service you expect, contact us for an evaluation.
Michael Mattie has been consulting on 401(k) retirement plans since 1992. He will help you evaluate your plan in the five primary areas of importance:
- Plan Design and Administration
- Fee Structure for Plan Administration and Investments
- Potential Fiduciary Exposure
- Investment Selection and Performance
- Employee Communication and Education
Other services we discuss with business owners and their estate planning or tax professionals include business succession, estate planning and related topics.
Contact Michael at (267) 864-2000 to discuss a review of your plan.